Landscape Technician – Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities
- Check daily to ensure that equipment is safe and operational to operate before use.
- Report equipment that has defects to office same day.
- Develop proposals for Customers and complete estimates for costing a project.
- Customer interface for all issues.
- Timely attendance every day at the agreed upon start times and take breaks as permitted.
- Responsible for following health and safety directives.
- Provide self evaluation for performance reviews.
- Train or direct Landscape Technician – Entry Level and Landscape Technician – Manager as needed to perform various duties.
- Promote and practice a safe working environment.
- Orchestrate efforts to prepare grounds for new installations, this includes removing existing landscapes.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts utilizing Teammate and Customer feedback.
- Communicate in a positive manner with all areas and levels – Customers, Management, & Teammates.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Work is self-directed with the commensurate knowledge to achieve the task at hand.
Key Performance Measures
- Equipment defects are recorded same day as observed.
- Completes work assigned in a quality and timely manner.
- Timely attendance and take daily breaks as permitted.
- Submit completed timecard on time every time.
- Complete proposals and estimates timely.
- Achieve profitable performance on proposals managed.
- Report escalated Customer issues same day.
- Utilizing proper lifting techniques when loading or unloading materials/equipment.
- Train or direct Landscape Technician – Entry Level and Landscape Technician – Manager in equipment operation or work efforts as required to promote a safe work environment.
- Office programs and processes implemented and followed.
- Self and Landscape Technician – Entry Level and Landscape Technician – Manager evaluations submitted on time as requested.
- Works well with others.
- Practiced a safe working environment.
- Attends 95% of scheduled training per quarter.
- Strong communication skills
- English and Spanish proficiency required
- Blue print reading and proposal creation
- Focused on safe practices to ensure a safe working environment
- Sense of urgency to solve for the Customer
- Seven – Ten (7-10) years of demonstrated Landscape experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- College degree preferred, equivalent experience OK